Saturday, November 12, 2011

Numerology: Life as Seen by a Numerologist



I cannot imagine life on Earth as we know it today without the existence of numbers.  Can you?  I think we all agree that numerals are essential to the functioning of our world and play a critical role in our individual lives and in our society as a whole.   Without a numeral system that we all agree on, there would be utter chaos. 

Like everyone else, I constantly use, process and rely on numerals to provide me with certain information (such as the value of something), keep track of time, balance my checkbook, make phone calls, measure my blood pressure and for countless other purposes.  However, as a numerologist, I constantly and actively look for and note certain numerical patterns, sequences and combinations, even as I perform the most mundane of everyday tasks, like looking for a particular address.

One might say that I "see" everything (places, things, events and even people) in terms of a numerical value.  Put another way, I view the entirety of life (including the past, present and future) in the context of scrolling numerical expressions and symbols ... much like a stock ticker symbol tape!

It is the symbolic significance of any particular numerical value or expression that interests me.   The symbolism that is associated with the individual numerals 1 through 9 as well as the manner in which they combine in a given context is deeply rooted in humanity's spiritual and cultural history from the beginning of time.  

I am convinced that this timeless and enduring symbolism, although sometimes obscure or hidden and not always readily apparent, is ingrained deep within the human psyche and for this reason, many people often and automatically form and then act on certain associations involving certain numerals - whether they do so with full awareness or not.  For example, many people consider the numeral 7 to be lucky and three 7's (i.e., 777) to be particularly so and may act upon this belief  (when gambling for instance) without necessarily knowing why they hold this belief.

In my early studies of numerology, I discovered that knowing and understanding the "why's" was one of the keys to unlocking some of life's mysteries.  Although numerology, in and of itself, is an excellent analysis and predictive tool, it plays a significant role in other trait/personality identification and divination systems (playing cards, tarot, astrology) as I will explain in other posts. 

In Love & Light,
Angelika