Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Spiritual Journey - Part II (of Names and Numbers)

"Sedona Sky Spirit" by Angelika

I cannot pinpoint exactly when my spiritual journey began in earnest, but I have a strong suspicion that I have been on the Path from the very time I came into body, as the circumstances of my birth are somewhat strange.

My Mother states that one evening she felt that it was time, so she packed a small overnight bag and took the last nightly tram to the hospital.  Upon arrival, she was assigned to a bed and told to rest, as she would need her strength.  At some point, she fell asleep and the next thing she knew, she was awoken by the nurse and told that she had had a baby girl.  This may sound quite remarkable, but even the head of obstetrics had apparently commented that they never seen a birth quite like that.  My Mother tells the story laughingly, although it is quite evident that she is slightly embarassed for essentially not being present for the birth of her first (and only) child.

According to my Mother, also noteworthy was that I was very pale ~ nearly translucent.  Upon seeing me for the first time, my Mother's sister gave me my name ~ a Slavic name meaning "illumination" or "light".   The word "light" has the master number 11 (29/11).  Interestingly, my full name at birth also has the master number 11 (47/11). 

In esoteric numerology, and in very simple terms, persons who incarnate under the number 11 are thought to be "old souls" whose purpose is to find the Light and share it with others.   Hence, my spiritual path and soul's purpose was dictated at birth.  So in a sense, the journey began at birth.  However, I believe I was not fully conscious of my soul's purpose until I started my search to uncover why I always felt so different.

As a note, the name "Angelika" came to me from my Spirit Guide during the Indigo/Crystal transition.  It has encoded within it the Slavic name given to me at birth and means "messenger" (from the Greek "Angeliki" or "Angelos").

I will discuss the significance of names, including adopted names, within the context of numerology in great detail in future posts.

In Love & Light,
Angelika